Jon Gresham was born in England, grew up in Australia and has lived in Singapore and Thailand for the last 17 years.
Jon is also a Director of the Singaporean literary community, Sing Lit Station. He leads the Book A Writer programme and the Writing the City Creative Writing Workshops at Toa Payoh Library each month.
His writing has appeared in Esquire Singapore, various anthologies and literary journals including In Transit: An Anthology from Singapore on Airports and air Travel, From The Belly Of The Cat, Eastern Heathens, the mono-titular anthology Coast, Quarterly Literary Review Singapore, Ceriph and the flash fiction collections Twenty Four Flavours: Sushi, Century Egg, Chicken Rice & Dolphin Meat.
He also takes photos and blogs at www.igloomelts.com
- Review of We Rose Up Slowly, Asiatic, Vol 11, No1, June 2017
- The Lounge Interview, 10 Questions With Jon Gresham, Kitaab, Feb 2016
- Lion City Lit: Guest Post, Asian Books Blog Sept 2015
- Expat Living Singapore Oct 2015
- Singapore Bookshelf, The Straits Times July 2015
Awards, Mentions & Other
- Epigram Books Collection of Best New Singaporean Short Stories Vol 3, Forthcoming, Oct 2017
- Images in Left to Right, edited and published by Geraldine Kang and Kenneth Tay, April 2016
- Epigram Books Collection of Best New Singaporean Short Stories Vol 2, Honourable Mention, Nov 2015
- Top 10 Finalist, Mont Blanc X Esquire Singapore, The Esquire Fiction Writer Project, "Exploring New Heights" June 2015
- Cover image for IgnitED, provider of multi-media issues education resources
- Images based on Yeats' poem "Aedh Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven" featured in the leading poetry journal, Softblow
- Images from Speakeasy #16 used in The A-List
- 2014 Photo Friday Noteworthy 'Alive'
- 2010 Photoblog Award Best Asian & Oceanian Photoblog - Finalists
- 2009 Kuala Lumpur International Photoawards, Finalist
- 2009 Photoblog Award Best Asian & Oceanian Photoblog - Finalists
- 2008 Photoblog Award Best Black & White Photography - Finalists
- 2008 Photoblog Award Best Asian & Oceanian Photoblog - Finalists
- Special Mention 2008, The Photographic Society of the National University of Singapore, Montage Open Competition for Beggar Beside The Mercedes Benz
- 2007 Photoblog Award Best Asian Photoblog - Finalists
Images featured in videos & stories on forced prostitution & sexual slavery in India:
- Changing prices for sex work in Sonagachi, a Kolkata red-light district
- India's Disgrace: Sexual Slavery
- Street Photography Video on Vimeo
- Cool Photoblogs
(Noteworthy: My Environment)
- Flak Photo
All images and text on this site, blog, galleries and links are copyright Jon Gresham All Rights Reserved. Images are available for purchase.